Welcome to The Dolphin School
"Happy Members of the World Community"
Resilience - Respect - Responsibility - Curiosity
Our drive for excellence is based upon the characteristics of effective learning which cannot be fully achieved without embracing the world beyond the school gates.
We understand that we can support and learn from our community in many different ways.
"They make me have fresh memories and I really love Dolphin School" - words of a Dolphin School pupil
70% of year 2 children in 2015 were above the national benchmark for reading. 69% of reception children achieved a 'Good Level of Development' (61% nationally).
.... and outside the classroom
Learning Outside the Classroom is an essential tool in improving learners' achievement, aspirations, character and personal development. Benefits of using this style of educating include:
- More engaged learners who are more likely to do well
- Developing teamworking skills
- Building stronger relationships between students and staff
- Able to learn by seeing and doing
- Increased sense of wellbeing and healthy choices
- Increased independence and developments of social skills
A short video about The Dolphin School